Job Responsibilities : Specialist, Conventional and USDA Claim Processor – Remote
Salary : $41000 per year
Company : Freedom Mortgage
Location : Remote US
The Conventional and USDA Claim Filing Specialist is responsible for filing all Fannie Mae (FNMA), Freddie Mac (FHLMC), Mortgage Insurance (MI) and USDA Claims within investor/insurer timeframes and follow-up on all claim proceeds. In addition, it is essential these functions are handled as timely as possible within established requirements to minimize all associated losses.
Essential Job Functions:
- File all Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac expense claims within insurer/investor timeframes
- File all MI claims within insurer/investor timeframes
- File all USDA claims within requirements of USDA Pilot Program
- Ensure Manager is kept informed of all trends and issues including, but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac or Mortgage Insurance claim denials or curtailments.
- Review Mortgage Insurance EOB (Explanation of Benefits) for any necessary rebuttals
- Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Mortgage Insurance and USDA default guidelines and requirements
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and teamwork, is dependable and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University preferred; or two+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.