Job Responsibilities : CIVILIAN PAYROLL TECHNICIAN
Salary : $38,665 – $50,267 a year
Company : US Office of the Secretary of the Interior
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Process a high volume of payroll or benefit changes that affect system data relating to each employee, while maintaining an acceptable accuracy rating.
- Maintain time and attendance records while meeting established deadlines.
- Correct payroll, time sheets and/or benefit records in the computer system as appropriate, including leave, health benefits, Thrift Savings Plan, retirements, etc.
- Interpret and explain Federal civilian pay, leave and/or benefits regulations and procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
QualificationsAt the GS-05, you must meet one of the following minimum qualifications requirements in order to be considered for the Civilian Payroll Technician, GS-0544 position:
A. One year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-04 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is in or directly related to the line of work of this position and has equipped you with the knowledge and competencies to successfully perform the duties of this position. More specifically, this requirement involves experience with data entry in an automated data processing sub-system which interfaces with a larger computer system; financial clerical duties such as verifying transaction amounts and resolving discrepancies in financial records; and answering phone calls or providing customer service in an office or retail setting. OR
B. Four years of education above the high school level (i.e. 120 semester hours) or have a bachelor’s degree. (Note: Applicants who select this response must provide transcripts as verification of their education). OR
C. A combination of experience and education as defined above which equals 100%. For example, I have 6 months of experience and 3 years of education above the high school level. (Note: Applicants who select this response must provide transcripts as verification of their education).
If qualifying based on EDUCATION you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html