Job Responsibilities : Patient Access Nurse
Salary : $71000 per year
Company : UMass Memorial Health
Location : Remote US
The Patient Access Nurse is a member of the Patient Access Center scheduling team and serves as a heightened level of service to schedule patients who require clinical input to determine the appropriate scheduling timeframe. The PAC Nurse Team works collaboratively across the Patient Access Center and ambulatory offices in order to improve the patient’s access to necessary care and schedule the patient for the right care, at the right time, with the right provider.
- Provide clinical direction for scheduling inquiries that require clinical input for appropriate scheduling.
- Assess patient needs over the phone while determining the urgency of the patient’s scheduling inquiry.
- Utilize clinical algorithms to determine patient’s expedited scheduling needs across multiple clinical disciplines.
- Ensures patients understand their treatment plan and the clinical appropriateness of their scheduling timeframe.
- Handle clinical escalations in scheduling and direct patient to the appropriate care based on their needs.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse licensure and registration.
- Experience with any of the specialty areas they are assigned.
- Three years of nursing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the discipline of Nursing.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Ability to work independently in a remote “work at home” setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills to gather information, symptoms and needs from patients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working in an ambulatory setting.
- Previous experience with telephone triage.
- Skilled with utilization of EMR and other software.