Job Responsibilities : Principal Software Engineer
Salary : $130000 per year
Company : AT&T
Location : Remote US
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the overall team delivery process of a software application or service, including design, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on automation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to gather and review software requirements/user stories, provide estimates, create software design specifications and collaborate with engineers/architects to assess and test hardware and software interactions.
- Follow development guidelines within the organization and contribute through multiple competencies of engineering work (Agile, Coding, Testing tools, requirement analysis, development tools, etc.), oversees the sprint cycle, improve KPIs and team performance as a technical mentor for the rest of the team members.
- Work closely with business partners and product owner to fulfill the application requirement for each and every program increment (PI).
- Execute a specific development methodology through application of various programming languages.
- Create and execute automated test plans/strategies utilizing business requirements and collaborate with engineers/architects, clients, etc. to validate test environments, test data and test results, design and implement code fixes, validate outcomes against expected results and produce associated reporting. In addition to Unit Test, responsibilities may include dynamic application security testing, interface testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing and/or user acceptance testing.
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 8-10 years experience.