Job Responsibilities : Manager & Counsel
Salary : $84000 per year
Company : Amex
Location : Remote US
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Negotiate technology-related agreements with prospective clients, including drafting and reviewing technical SOWs and term sheets, in accordance with established contract approval processes.
- Negotiate and draft reseller agreements, referral agreements, partner agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Strategize with Sales team on deal approach and negotiations.
- Respond to multiple daily contract questions from internal clients, including Sales, Account Management, Pricing, Finance/Accounting and senior leadership.
- Review operational and technical documentation, advertising and marketing materials for legal adequacy.
- JD degree from accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois or qualified to become licensed in Illinois.
- 2+ years of relevant legal experience with drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts.
- Experience drafting and negotiating SaaS and other technology contracts (preferred).
- Hands-on experience in working with internal and external clients (preferred).
- Experience with US and global data privacy regulations (preferred).
- Able to explain complex legal and business issues in business-friendly guidance.
- Comfortable working in a small collegial team of seasoned attorneys and legal managers.
- Strong credibility, judgment and integrity.
- Able to own work streams from inception through resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under time constraints.