Job Responsibilites : Virtual Production Executive
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- Multiple years of experience as Visual Effects Executive or the equivalent.
- Extensive experience in big-budget films and or/series, preferably in heavy visual effects arenas.
- Multiple years of experience building reports and delivering insights on budget, scheduling and cost.
- Has recent past experience working within Virtual Production environment in a leadership production role that delivered final content.
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we’re just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling’s Late Night, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is looking for a seasoned, dynamic Virtual Production Executive to support global VP production efforts on Originals series and movies.
The Virtual Production Executive will be responsible for overseeing the budgets, schedules, and overall virtual production plans for a slate of projects. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Post-Production, Business Affairs, and Creative Development teams. The candidate will also construct organized system architecture, and develop coordinated workflows, that curate both projects and the department.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Global Head of VFX and ASVP Production Supervisor in building a robust VP departmental structure that oversees the needs of a demanding slate of multi-genre programming.
- Collaborate with production, creative, and finance in greenlighting and prepping projects.
- Create VP breakdowns from scripts, storyboards, and pre-vis; working alongside the line producer and director to develop a production plan.
- Investigate other emerging technology beyond VP and how to apply it to projects in order to achieve creative goals; and perform statistical analysis to understand financial implications and cost efficiencies.
- Collaborate with Amazon Virtual Production Supervisor to provide support for all VP needs of stage and shows utilizing it.
- Develop department databases to track VP costs, project financial snapshots and VP talent availability pools.
- Help create promo/educational material for Amazon Execs and Originals teams.
- Collaborate with Amazon production technology and AWS to create and provide cloud hosting for all aspects of the Virtual Production internal workflow.
- Oversee the development of custom VP pipelines when necessary for projects with specific creative and/or technological needs (including new technology) in collaboration with Amazon’s engineering teams and existing, turn-key solutions.
- Partner and collaborate with show Amazon Exec’s, creatives, line producers to evaluate in Development, Pre-green light and newly green lit scripts for VP opportunities for ASVP execution.
- Contribute and assist managing an asset management system for the VP department that can organize and distribute assets to shows, departments, and projects as needed.
- Help recruit VP teams such as VP supervisors, producers, production supervisor, VAD team, and VP coordinators; negotiate deals and contracts with agents and individuals.
- Work with VFX production teams to bid out VP shows, vet vendor-side teams, and award work. Collaborate with the legal team on VP vendor contracts, including delivery milestones, rebate minimums, asset ownership, and credit allocations.
- Manage weekly cost report tracking for VP stage to track the overall budget.
- Work with our VFX producers and the studio VP team to develop an internal weekly reporting system.
- Coordinate with internal teams to provide information and creative content that supports marketing, product placement, promotions, and publicity.
- Manage weekly delivery reporting with VFX producers to keep VP shows on schedule.
- Review VP footage finals to ensure quality of delivered work and attend reviews as necessary.
- Identify potential production problems and work with VP teams and the studio to resolve while preserving and achieving creative goals.
- Collaborate with the creative executives, physical production, and post departments to develop a VP workflow process that allows all departments to share information.
- Support and manage VP utilization both within the studio and for AOM’s and series utilizing vendor VP solutions around the globe.
- If needed and on occasion, act as VFX Producer for projects in development, and for smaller projects during production and post.
- Establish and maintain VP talent relations across the globe.
- Experience with global SVOD delivery workflows.
- Experience with a variety of VP digital media workflows and post production.
- Experience with local guilds and unions.
- Experience with a thorough reach of global VFX and VP vendor partners.
- Experience working with a robust DAM solution and asset coordination from multiple vendors.
- Experience working and clear understanding of both domestic and global VFX tax incentives
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to break down a script and identifying VP friendly sequences, scenes or locations.
- Excellent organization skills; ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to prioritize and respond effectively in fast paced VP environment, across shows in various points of production.
- Strategic problem solving.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know. Contact us at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific Time. For further options for individuals with disabilities, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here : Apply Now